On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:48:42 -0700
Andy Ross wrote:

> Indeed, portable shared library development (and especially portable
> late-binding to those libraries) is a big mess.  :)
>
> What exactly is the goal here?  Do you have a particular external HUD
> renderer that you want to link in?  Is it so large that it can't
> simply be included in the FlightGear distribution?

Something like that. We already have an external HUD code. Actually, it
is quite large, involves a great deal of parameters which come from our
own simulator and would probably not be easily integrated into
FlightGear, and more importantly, it can't be distributed. At all.
Therefore, I'm doing the best I can (that is, mixing my hobbies and my
work, and working at home) in order to make flightgear benefit from
this. Another possibility would have been to just do it at work without
ever distributing my modifications (which does not violate the GPL, as
long as we don't distribute anything). But I'm trying to return to the
community as much as I consider possible.

What I would also like to do is make our use of FlightGear some kind of
example. I'll have to go and check whether it could be advertized in any
way. If you want more details on my work, you can ask through personal
e-mail.

--
Jorge Van Hemelryck