Roy Vegard Ovesen wrote:
> Very simple. I just want to make a beeping sound or a number of
> beeps to use when the autopilot is disengaged (or any other audible
> annunciators).

If it is aircraft-specific, then the mechanism of putting it into the
-sound.xml file is probably exactly what you want.  Things like
playing sounds from the UI are more problematic from the current
interface.

I'd start with a single beep.wav with an XML definition like:

<sim>
 <fx>
  <beep>
   <name>engstart</name>
   <path>Sounds/beep.wav</path>
   <property>/tmp/somewhere/beep</property>
  </beep>

Now you can trigger the beep by toggling the property from false to
true.  With a little work with settimer(), you can get it to beep with
different patterns and frequencies, etc...  Let me know if you need
more help.

Hopefully I haven't misunderstood the sound configuration files.  This
isn't exactly one of my areas of expertise. :)

Andy