Lee Elliott wrote:
> will this require an OpenAL (dev) package to be installed, or will
> everything needed be included in the FG source?

It will require OpenAL to be installed separately.  I just did it
under linux, and it's a relatively benign "./autogen.sh && ./configure
&& make && make install" kind of thing.  They imply that some
distributions install it by default (Fedora doesn't), so it may
already be there.

The "win" directory seems to be MSVC specific, so Jon's fears about a
cygwin build are probably justified (the linux directory won't build
in cygwin: you want the Win32/DirectX implementation, not the OSS/ALSA
one).

There is a link to a binary SDK available from Creative, though, so
presumably cygwin users could use that?  I believe cygwin can link
programs against normal windows .lib files, right?

Andy