Jon Berndt writes:

> > Jon, you might also search for "libopenal" along with cygwin ... if
> > cygwin packaged openal, I bet that is what they'd call it.
> >
> > Curt.
>
> That search appeared to be more productive initially, but nothing helpful
> has cropped up, yet.
>
> Jon,
> CygWin user - "Help, Help! I'm being repressed!"

Jon,

I have *no* idea if it actually produces any sound as
I don't have a sound board on my development system
but ....

after getting the OPENAL CVS files

cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/cvs-repository login
(use password "guest")
cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/cvs-repository co openal

then
% cd $OPENAL
% cd linux
% ./autogen.sh
% make
% make test

compiles everything without a complaint on my Cygwin installation

HTH

Norman