Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:

Wouldn't it be possible to record an engine sound at low RPM and change the pitch using codes?

Sure, and that works ok, but I bet if you record the engine at different rpms you will discover that doubling the pitch of a sample recorded at 1000 rpm will not sound as much like the actual engine running at 2000 rpm as you would have hoped ...

What you suggest is what we are doing now. We have one engine sample that is played over the entire RPM range, but we could improve our sound quality if we did the work to blend different samples for different rpm ranges ...

Regards,

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d