By contrast, my experience with Acer laptops has not been good, but that
may not be Acer's fault, due to various complicated support
arrangements. The build quality on mine wasn't designed for it being
humped around and used for at least 8hrs a day, though, which mine is.

Benchmarks I've seen of Dothan don't seem to suggest that it's worth the
higher price tag, especially considering, although the operating power
is lower, the standby power is higher, so battery life remains much the
same.

Giles Robertson

I'd