Jim Wilson wrote:

I've been asked to recommend a laptop with long battery life for use on long
trans continental airline flights.  The user is word processing/spreadsheet
oriented.

This isn't my cup of tea, as I'm more of a book reader in flight (who doesn't
like carrying crap--even 6 lb computers--around airports). I am aware of the
technical issues and websites with specs online. Just hoping for some first
person accounts of actual performance.

Some laptops I've seen (Dell) allow you to substitute an extra battery pack instead of the cd rom drive giving you 2x the normal battery life. That makes a big difference in how long your laptop is useful ... I've also seen people buy extra batteries and charge them up in advance ... more weight to carry but a reasonable option.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d