Hi Innis,

I just sent my MD11 files to Erik, so hopefully they show up in  CVS one of
these days. I haven't done any _systematic_ testing yet, so I can't confirm
whether or not the 850 units value is the absolute cut-off or not, but moving
both CoG and Main gear forward to less than 850 unit solved the
initialization problem for me. :-)

Now, does moving the CoG forward impact anything at all? I can imagine that it
doesn't when we move everthing else forward too, by the same number of units,
but I'm still unfamiliar enough to be completely wrong here. Moving just the
CoG and the main gears didn't really seem to impact the feel of the flight
model though.

Just out of curiousity: Did you also use aeromatic to generate your MD-11
config file, or did you build it manually. I saw similar, but slightly
different values in your config file, compared to the ones I got from
aeromatic.

Speaking of a 3D model, yeah, it would be cool to stitch in a FS98 model until
we have a decent native GPL'ed model. I've never done this though, so some
useful tips would be more than welcome. :-)

Cheers,
Durk