"Giles Robertson" wrote:

> So we put in a parameter that affects how directional the sound is,
> with different values for different viewpoints (tower, chase, cockpit).

O.k., I managed to understand  :-)
I think in this case it would be lerr error-prone to simply add a 3D
location relative to the aircraft (VRP or whatever) plus _one_ flag to
every sound-event that tells about the location of the event
(panel/cabin/airframe/not_on_this_aircraft). When you have this, then
the viewer can determine how to manipulate the sound in order to make
it suitable for the current view (and view direction),

Martin.