Ed Sirett wrote:

I have been lurking on this list for a while but now I have something to
report.

Fly just about any JSBsim or Yasim model (not UFO or UINC) get the plane
level, straight and stable with or without the AP.
AFAI can tell it happens on all JSB and YASIM models that you can get
airborne.

Now press the z/Z to adjust the visibility a few times and the whole
plane will get a shake up just as if the stick was waggled.

I have not tried rebuilding without threads to see if that makes any
difference.

My gut feeling is that 'fixing' this feature might have a number of
positive implications for the whole program.

Another wild guess is that this is due to some sort of fallout from the
change in CPU load during scenery adjustments.

I am happy to make changes to the code & run tests to eliminate things
but don't know where to start.

What's going on I think is that the way z/Z is implimented in combination with the way the environment manager interpolator is implimented, an environment reinit() is forced every time you hit z/Z. This seems to affect (at least temporarily) the winds acting on the aircraft. I'm not 100% confident that the environment interpolator always works correctly under every circumstance, but I just haven't had time to dig in and trace through and see exactly what's going on.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d