David Megginson wrote:

David Culp wrote:

The effect looks very exaggerated, probably because it happens too quickly.

On the contrary -- we interpolate smoothly between layers, I think, so the wind changes fairly gradually. Real wind shear can be much more dramatic.

Right ... but since we often see dramatic wind shear when climbing/decending through environment layers in FG (when I wouldn't expect it based on the environment layer configuration) I suspect either there's something about the environment interpolating I don't understand, or something that isn't working quite right under all circumstances.

Curt.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d