I wouldn't say that "multiplayer doesn't work properly", I'd rather say
that it's still in early stages of development. The effect you see is
probably due to the delay due to sending packets across the network. You
see movement of the other aircraft along its axis because you try and
match the velocity. Network delays are converted into distance (d=v*t),
and it could probably be fixed by using interpolation on the receiver
side. I haven't had time to do it yet. Maybe a Kalman filter would be a
good idea. Is no one else working on it ?

--
Jorge Van Hemelryck