* Vivian Meazza -- Monday 14 June 2004 16:55:
* * Norman Vine
> > I noticed that there were a few changes made this AM
> > so I suggest doing a fresh CVS first before rebuilding
>
> Done that, and I've re-installed Cygwin. I'm wondering if I have to delete
> all the files, and really start from fresh. Seriously tiresome.

No. This should be enough:

  $ make clean && cvs up -AC

If there's a problem that a fresh checkout can solve, but $ cvs up -AC
can't, then this is a cvs bug. Instead of "make clean" you can use the
attached script (2kB) that makes even more clean and is very useful. It'll
even remove local files that are not in cvs, though! Be careful with it!

The -A flag will reset all sticky tags/dates/revisions, and -C will replace
all locally changed files by the cvs ones. (The changed ones aren't lost,
but stored as hidden files like .#foo.cxx.1.2.)

m.