I want to bring a new subject before the group.

In the past we have discussed potential income sources for the FG project, so I think it's fair to discuss another option since the opportunity has introduced itself today.

There is a company that makes hardware (3d glasses, head tracker, voice recognition, joysticks, gaming chairs, etc.) that is of potential interest to flight sim enthusiasts.

If we put banner adds on our web site, and one of our visiters clicks through and buys something from this company (being referred from our site) then we would get a 10% commission from the sale. I believe there is some flexibility in the design of the banner so perhaps we could have some input so it's not *too* obnoxious. (?)

But any way you cut it, putting advertisements on our web site will change the look and feel of our web site and probably influence the impression our project projects to the world ...

Is this a direction we want to explore? It wouldn't have to be a permanent thing. I think we could choose to end the arrangement at any time. We stop referring potential customers ... no more commissions for us ... I think it's that simple.

Any thoughts? Any strong feelings? We get a pretty good chunk of daily hits so we do have some "referring power" to swing around. What do you think? Wrong way down the slippery slope? Good idea? I'll buy anything with Curt's personal AAA*** rating?

Thanks,

Curt.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d