Speaking as a user/contributor - not as a member of the project, so this is
just my personal opinion:

Assuming there are no Linux drivers, how would they feel about GPL'd ones?

Personally, while I much prefer GPL software and would really like it if they
did GPL a Linux driver, I'm not completely down on close-source stuff either
- you pays your money and takes your choice.  It wouldn't bother me either if
someone associated with the FG community developed closed-source drivers for
their h/w.  While it would mean that FG couldn't distribute the drivers, at
least it would mean that Linux drivers were distributed with the h/w, which
would have to be a good thing.

And of course, I'd expect that if someone did do some closed-source drivers
they'd get paid for it.

Like I say - just my personal opinion.

LeeE