Peter Larson wrote:
Not sure this is the right forum, I'm getting coloured apostraphe shapes
around 200 pixels high on the screen. They appear to be related to runway
lights. They also appear while the sim is in the air.
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Radeon 9200SE video card and Gigabyte
GA-7VT600 motherboard. Drivers all loaded within the last week.
Any ideas?
Regards
Peter

I also have this problem, and have been having it for several months, using many different CVS versions and several different fglrx versions. You can make it go away by turning off enhanced runway lighting.

Do you also get segfault s after flying at night for a few minutes? I have this problem as well, though it started later (I think), but not by much. I have no workaround for this one. I have a few straces that all end the same way laying around from this one, if anyone is interested in looking at them.

Also, with the latest ATI driver, I started seeing random ground vertexes shifted around, sometimes leaving entire ground polys up in the air, and many holes in the terrain. These come and go as I move about and are most common over airports. I haven't gone back to an old driver to confirm that this is in fact the driver, and not a coincidence of updating the driver and fgfs source code at the same time, though I'm pretty sure it was the driver update that started it.

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: RADEON 8500 DDR Generic
OpenGL version string: 1.3 (X4.3.0-3.9.0)

Linux tower 2.4.22 #24 Fri Nov 14 19:34:40 EST 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Josh