On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:21:47 +0200, Melchior wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> * Curtis L. Olson -- Wednesday 07 July 2004 00:36:
> > I have commited a first stab at a Concorde model, first created by
> > Melchior and the further enhanced by Thierry [...]
>
> Actually, I didn't create the Concorde model. I only did the first
> conversion to ac3d and rgb and some trivial optimization. The model
> was done by "Bogey" and presented on the Blender forum
> (http://www.blender.org; on 24 Oct 2003 06:23 pm; Subject: "Update
> Concord. Screen shots & download links"):
>
> * Bogey:
> | [...] we can keep it flying virtually. Ive posted my Concord model
> | on Kazaa and eDonkey if anyone would like it. Search for Blender
> | Concord.zip and feel free to use it howerver.
>
> I asked him if we could distribute the model under the terms of the
> GPL, to which he answered:
>
> * Bogey:
> | [...] As for the model itself, It was a gift to the community with
> | no ristrictions at all. mfranz, I wasent aware of the opensource
> | flightgear project before your post but it looks like a fantastic
> | program and nothing would make me happier than the possability of
> | you exporting the model for use in the program. [...] Anyway good
> | luck, and mention me if you like.

..this response can construed _both_ ways, as a yes and as a no and
as any combination, he either doesn't understand or is ok with the fact
"under the GPL" includes selling for money, etc.  A lawyers dream. ;-)

..he most likely doesn't know the difference between the GPL and "in the
public domain", and where that legal concept applies and not.  Point him
to Groklaw, then ask Bogey to _explicitly_ license his Concorde to us
under the GPL.  Well worth the effort, once we get this thru to him.

> Even though the GPL doesn't require giving credit, I'd like to have
> his name mentioned somewhere along with the model files, or in the
> Thanks file, or wherever ... or rather: his nick name. Unfortunately,
> I do neither know his/her real name, nor an email address.

..you can reach him thru the Blender forum?  Ask him.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: