Arthur,

You've come so far, please don't give up now!

This is the last day I'm going to work on this. If I can't get it to
work today I will wait until Mac OS X 10.4 is released. (Tiger)

Curt,

Your command to find files works fine on Mac OS X.3.6, here's the result on my system:

sudo find / -print | grep plibfnt
Password:
/FlightGear/fgdev9.6/lib/libplibfnt.a
/FlightGear/fgdev9.6/src/plib/src/fnt/libplibfnt.a

i.e. -- one built version, also copied to lib as the installed version

Arthur,

this is a plib issue. FlightGear is just the symptom. Have you tried any of the plib sample applications to see if your installed plib is in fact working? Just because something builds doesn't mean it works, I speak from unfortunate personal experience. 8-)

Can anyone with plib developer authority possibly add these changes to plib/examples?
They are required to build in Mac OS X

Changes required to build plib examples on mac os x -- start
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
To use plib installed in a non-standard directory, I needed to set:

setenv LDFLAGS -L/FlightGear/fgdev9.6/lib
setenv CPPFLAGS -I/FlightGear/fgdev9.6/include

(these are uppercase L (LDFLAGS) and uppercase I (CPPFLAGS), BTW)

before running ./configure in the ./examples direction

I then needed to modify js_demo_LDADD to add a few frameworks

js_demo_LDADD = -lplibjs -lplibul -framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation

in the ./examples/src/js/makefile.

I also needed to change ./examples/src/ssg/majik/makefile to add
-framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation to the end of
majik_demo_LDADD giving

majik_demo_LDADD = -lplibjs -lplibssg -lplibsg -lplibul $(GLUT_LIBS) $(OGL_LIBS) -framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation

I also needed to change ./examples/src/pw/makefile to add
-framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation -framework ApplicationServices -framework Carbon

to pw_demo_LDFLAGS

giving

pw_demo_LDFLAGS = -framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation -framework ApplicationServices -framework Carbon

I added the same to pw_pui_LDFLAGS in the same file

lorenz.cxx doesn't seem to exist and broke the build

I created lorenz.cxx containing

main()
{
}

and rebuilt. No idea what this is.
Changes required to build plib examples on mac os x -- end

Thanks!

Ima