Yes I found out quickly that locate does not stay up to date. But it
did find everything. I think the datebase rebuilds daily or something.

But I decided to try to build simgear again (from CVS) and it seems in
a file called matlib.cxx in material it contains the following line:

#include <GL/gl.h>

and it needs to be changed to
#include <OpenGL/gl.h>
in order to build on OSX. At least for me.
Previously I had it using the X11 supplied GLUT headers but I didn't
this time which is how I noticed this.

It's the same story but a little different in clouds3d/glut_shapes.c line 54

#include <GL/glu.h>
shoud be

#include <OpenGL/glu.h>

Same thing in glut_shapes.h line 17
SkyMaterial.hpp in line 36
SkyCloud.cpp:36

I had to make the same two changes on many different files in order to
get simgear to compile without using Apple's X11.
I'll see if I can make a patch.

I'll now try flightgear again. (I've already redone PLIB)

--
<Arthur/>