Jon S Berndt wrote:

> [...]

There are several points here.

1. The fact is that most 3d (I think all, but I haven't checked) rightly or
wrongly already use normalized values. It would be a significant task to
change.

2. I don't think we tell YASim the correct angles to use. Therefore the
normalized output, factored to produce the correct visual angles, is the way
to do it right now.

3. For consistency, and remember that some 3d models are used with both
YASim and other FDMs, we need normalized values.

4. It doesn't matter where the conversion is done. If FG is the only user of
normalized values, it makes sense to do it there.

I have no doubt that this point was vigorously debated at some point in the
past, and for good reasons we are where we are. We need to revisit those
discussions and revalidate the decisions before making any change.

Regards,

Vivian