> Curtis L. Olson wrote:

> > It doesn't probably matter too much for 3d animation if your conversion
> > factor get's you close.
>
> There is another thing, all doors, struts and support bars are animated
> based on the gear extension. While the main gear extension might be
> perfectly valid in degrees, converting supports struts/bars will be a
> whole lot more complicated.

Like I mentioned before, landing gear extension is fine as a "0 to 1"
parameter. Elevator,
rudder, speedbrake, spoilers, etc. in angular measurements.

Now, *IF* we are to normalize these angular parameters in the FGInterface
class, WHAT is
the non-dimensionalizing procedure? How do we non-dimensionalize with any
degree of
accuracy and compatibility?

Jon