I haven't overwritten any files...I'm just trying to understand what
goes where.  I have a directory structure called
FG-ProjectFiles-msvc71, which does not contain the FlightGear source.
I have another directory, which I downloaded separately, called
Flightgear-0.9.6.  Where do I put it?  Should I have a directory as
follows?

FG-ProjectFiles-msvc71\FlightGear\cvs\FlightGear\FlightGear-0.9.6

Or do I need to do something different?  There are no instructions.
FlightGear/cvs/FlightGear <= FlightGear  isn't explicit to me.

Thanks,
Drew