Dave Martin wrote:
On Tuesday 28 Dec 2004 20:54, Paul Surgeon wrote:

On Tuesday, 28 December 2004 22:24, Dave Martin wrote:

So I made it write a text string in a freefont typeface onto an aircraft
texture - Not that it was in the right place but that is only a question
of knowing the right co-ordinates to start at.

This will work if we know exactly how the aircraft are textured. However if someone decided to make an aircraft that has a registration number that spans across more than one texture we will have a problem.

If it were to be done, it could be limited to aircraft that it would be compatible with. Say, if the aircraft were in a certain airline livery, you could be sure of the reg position.

Would it not be easier to generate an image containing all the required characters in known positions so that they could be displayed in the correct position - otherwise you're creating a dependency on imagemagick, which is not a small package.

--
Jon Stockill