On Sunday, 2 January 2005 00:13, David Megginson wrote:
> We can probably manage the left display.  The right display (moving
> map with elevation shading) would be extremely difficult, but it's
> appearing in so many planes that we'll have to bite the bullet some
> day.

I forgot to add :
If we manage to create a G1000 display system we automatically have a display
system that works in scores of other aircraft thus enabling us to create lots
of cool and modern aircraft "fairly" easily.

Here is an incomplete list :
Beechcraft Bonanza A36 (intention)
Beechcraft Baron 58 (intention)
Cessna 182 Skylane
Cessna 206H Stationair
Cessna Citation Mustang
Diamond DA40
Diamond DA42 TwinStar
Mooney Ovation2 GX
Mooney Bravo GX

Also FlightGear would be the only publicly available simulator that I know of
that includes a G1000 cockpit.
I know a lot of hardcore MSFS users are complaining about the lack of glass
cockpits and MSFS will also become a vintage simulator (out of the box) if
they don't do some serious work in this area.

BTW : I just did a libagg test and it renders 375000 (true type font) glyphs
per second on my Athlon XP2000+
So if an instrument used 1000 glyphs it would manage 375 frames/second
excluding any other overheads like creating and destroying textures, OpenGL
calls, etc.

Paul