On Wednesday 12 January 2005 00:12, Martin Spott wrote:
>   ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/incoming/
>
> We will post some sort of "submission guidelines" soon - with 'soon'
> meaning "as soon as automated database import works reliable".
> Just not to miss the chance for a short note, what we consider to make
> sense for being added to the collection. We need
> 1.) A 3D model - if not already present,
> 2.) one or more locations (lat/lon/orirntation) that apply to the model,
> 3.) a short description of the model and/or its author,
> 4.) a screenshot or at least a thumbnail - if available.

This would be also very wise:

5.) an attestation that the contribution is put under the GPL license by the
author and that he is entitled to do this.
In other words to make sure that he is not using parts for his contribution
like textures, photos, 3d objects etc. that is not his own work and
incompatible to the GPL. Like things that are closed source, only freeware or
under another incompatible license.
This point is IMO important because for example in the MS Flight Simulator
freeware-scenery community it can happen sometimes that some freeware
projects are legally not okay.
To prevent that the same happens in the flightgear world such an attestation
would be usefull.
People should know what they can do and what not, before they contribute
their work.
This is especially necessary in an area where work is often based on other
data like maps (gis data), photos, textures etc..

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.