Having experience of google adwords myself, I'd just like to make an
observation:

If you have a well designed website (such as flightgear.org) where all
information is clearly laid out and you didn't employ any 'tricks' to make
someone arrive at your site.....

...chances are the 'visitor' has already found all the information they want
and will not follow an ad link.

As far as I can see, to actually produce revenue from adwords, you must need
an annoying site that spams keywords to get page-views and hope that people
will click the ads in self-defence just to get away from your site ;-)

Dave Martin