From: Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear 0.9.8, Mac OS X build
Newsgroups: list.flightgear-devel

"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

> Let's not be too quick to stamp out people's ability to express their
> faith.  The tides of societal whimsy shift very quickly, and if we
> tolerate stamping out opposing view points, all too soon you could find
> yourself on the loosing end of that battle.

Curt, almost everything you write has much sense in the end, but in
this case you are terribly wrong.

Everyone on this list is free - as a human being should be free - to
express his personal opinion (if necessary even on this developer list,
if nobody objects) as long as it is easily obvious to _everyone_
reading this, that it is his very own personal faith. I strongly
believe nobody here intends to stamp on the MacOSX package maintainers
view point, it's just that he chose a medium to carry his opinion that
is totally unacceptable.

I distance myself from the FlightGear project as long as it tolerates
this sort of misuse. Don't get me wrong, I very much tolerate the
_contents_ of the respective text (although I don't share it, but this
is a different story) but I can't accept the way it is being
distributed unter the flag of the FlightGear project.

Cheers,
        Martin.