James Turner  writes

The keys do seem to be standard, j/k for spoilers and Ctrl-B for speedbrake, the issue of course is guessing for a given model which surfaces are assigned to which name. I guess 'things on the wings' are spoilers, and 'things not on the wings' are speed-brakes?

Except that the TSR2's brakes are on the spoiler key. The Fokker uses the spoiler key for the wing spoilers, and Ctrl-B for the tail-brake thing, which seems sensible to me.

Except when the spoilers and speed brakes use the same flight control panels.Eg Boeing commercial aircraft 747,767 etc.Then the spoilers should be as a function of aileron movement.

Cheers
Innis