On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:46:32 -0500, Josh wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:24:00 -0600, Dave wrote in message
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >

> >> <FG_PROPELLER NAME="prop">
> >>   IXX       53.2729
> >>   DIAMETER   199.2
> >>   NUMBLADES  4
> >>   GEARRATIO  2.3
> >

> > ..ahem: 35/100 for the R-3350's in the B-29'ers.
> >
> > ..the R-3350 was built with several different gear ratios, so we
> > need to chk in each case.
> >
> > ..the B-29D used P&W R-4360-35's and was AKA B-50.
> >

> Right, thanks. It does say .35 in the POH.
>
> Now I have a YASim engine question.  I'm trying to rebuild the YASim
> file from  scratch to see if I can get it to work. In README.yasim,
> the line:
>                 eng-rpm:
> The engine RPM at which eng-power is developed what does eng-power
> mean?

..very good question!  Comparing the notes on piston engines and
turboprops, is confusing, is the "eng-rpm" the prop shaft rpm?

..ignoring gear box losses, power is constant thru it, shaft speed in is
shaft speed out times the gear ratio and "inverse of the torque ratio".

..we're back to checking the source, to see what Andy meant here.  ;o)

> Is this the RPM where the engine catches?
>
> Josh

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: