> From: Melchior FRANZ
>
> * Melchior FRANZ -- Wednesday 13 April 2005 15:37:
> >  - also, there should be one reserved key for an aircraft help dialog that
> >    lists all special keys ("Ctrl-D: open/close bomb door" etc.) Every
> > aircraft
> >    that uses more than just default keys should IMHO have such a dialog.
> >    It's easy enough to do via Nasal. (I'll make one such dialog for the
> >    bo105 in the next submission.) But which key?
> >
> >    I suggest the question mark key "?" (63) which is still free.
>
> Well, that's what I did now: I added a function to bo105.nas that
> generates and displays a list of aircraft specific shortcuts. This
> input in $FG_ROOT/Aircraft/bo105/bo105-set.xml
>
>     <key n="63">
>         <name>?</name>
>         <desc>Show Bo105 help dialog</desc>
>         <binding>
>             <command>nasal</command>
>             <script>bo105.showHelpDialog("Bo105 help", [
>                 ["}",      "start turbines"],
>                 ["{",      "shutdown turbines"],
>                 ["c/C",    "switch to next/previous variant"],
>                 ["Ctrl-c", "open material dialogs"],
>                 ["d/D",    "select next/previous door"],
>                 ["Ctrl-d", "open/close selected door"],
>                 [",",      "fire machine guns/missiles"],
>                 ["Tab",    "open/close Bo105 config dialog"],
>             ])</script>
>         </binding>
>     </key>
>
> generates this output:
>
>   http://members.aon.at/mfranz/help.jpg  [20 kB]
>

> This could eventually be moved to aircraft.nas or gui.nas, once there
> is a decision about my fake window title bars and the color stuff is
> settled.
>
> m.

Wouldn't it be more helpful to have a generic aircraft help dialog and add a
<help-text> property to the aircraft config?  This example of works for the
helicopter, but it is more like a one off script that doesn't provide a
framework for adding text to every aircraft.  In some cases you really need
slightly more (but still brief) information and not just a table of key
bindings to get started.  A scrolling text window that always displays content
from a particular property would do the trick.  If there was any programming to
be done, it'd be to  extend the plib puLargeInput widget in simgear with a text
wrapping ability.

Best,

Jim