Hi,

I did some research on 3D clouds for some time and finaly got something not too bad. I've started to add that to SimGear this week end, here are the first alpha screen shots :

http://sites.estvideo.net/tipunch/flightgear/images/fgfs-screen-011.jpg
http://sites.estvideo.net/tipunch/flightgear/images/fgfs-screen-013.jpg

I have alse some code nearly ready for rain, snow and lightnings.

My next step will be the automatic generation of the cloud layers depending on the METAR data, I have allready found some plausible rules to generate the right kind of clouds based on altitude, wind, dew point, etc.

Well, the idea is to have a visual environment almost realist and why not, not so far from real weather.

Harald.