* James Turner -- Wednesday 04 May 2005 23:14:
> Minor partial objection - the Mac startup is dog slow (like 90
> seconds to get to a usable plane in the C172 and SFO), and I think at
> least part of the problem is the 'init while idle' scheme> - FG wastes
> too much time doing rendering type things

Hardly. It isn't rendering anything while it's calling the idle loop.
Only when the initialization is done (idle_state == 1000) the rendering
fun begins. And this patch does only move parts, not add any. I'll wait
until you can provide some numbers to back up your suspicion.  :-)

> (black screen + progress bar?)

I thought about a progress bar, or better: an info line that says:
"initializing navigation data", "initializing airport data", etc.
That entertains people a lot and makes the startup time appear shorter.

m.