Lee Elliott wrote:

On Friday 06 May 2005 17:29, Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:

On May 6, 2005 10:06 am, Karsten Krispin wrote:

If you bank your plane the clouds will move in the opposite
direction as you turn
to - They move to the right or to the left depending
whether you turn left or right. (And I'am not talking about
the movements through the wind ;)). It is strange to
discribe this - The easiest way would be you try it your
self :) - You'll immediatly recognize what I mean. - Just do
some hard and fast turns. Also it looks like if they get
zoomed in or zoomed out...

You are right there is a strange movement. It's perhaps the rotation axes of the clouds that are a bit off.

I know what you mean.  It seems you can never go inside the
cloud.

Perhaps visibility should be decreased to a few meters when
one is inside the clouds?

Ampere

I think that you have that effect if you fly to the border of a cloud. The quads are rotated to face the camera and when the quads are very near on the left or the right the rotation is too big and the quad go out of sight. This will be corrected.

Hmm... I've flown inside them pretty convincingly but I'm seeing a darkened region within the clouds, even when I'm outside them, between the horizon and what I presume to be the bottom of the sky-sphere.

I can post some screen shots of inside the clouds or of the horizon problem if anyone wants.

LeeE

Can you post screen shots of the darkened clouds problem ?

Harald.