Am Samstag 07 Mai 2005 11:04 schrieb Harald JOHNSEN:
> You are right there is a strange movement. It's perhaps the rotation
> axes of the clouds that are a bit off.
>

> I think that you have that effect if you fly to the border of a cloud.
> The quads are rotated to face the camera and when the quads are very
> near on the left or the right the rotation is too big and the quad go
> out of sight. This will be corrected.
>

> Harald.

Well, I'am not envolved in 3d-programming. But what would happen if you
suppress the rotating in whole.

If i look sideward out the the cockpit I see a couple of clouds rotating -
other not. This looks ugly ;)

The other thing is the lightning which also changes when the cloud rotates.
When it was darker befor, then it is brighter, even white -  depending of
where the sun is - sure.

When you apply the patch, do you just query whether the plane is too near to
the cloud or is it something more complex? If so, I would try a always-false
condition to the query to see what's the result if rotating is turned off.

Karsten