> I noticed in flightgear there are classes for AI aircraft and ships.  Has
> anyone tried to add a car or truck to flightgear yet?  Is there any
> documentation on this?

The problem with moving ground vehicles is that they have to know where the
ground is at all times, which is not an easy thing in FlightGear.  The
calculations are CPU-intensive.  These calculations are already in David
Luff's AI Traffic code, and it was partially adapted to the AIAircraft code
by Durk Talsma.

Static ground vehicles, or ground vehicles that only move on level surfaces,
are a different story.  They can be easily modeled using the existing code.

Dave