Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 09:51 +0100, Steve Hosgood a écrit :

> Something to play with at lunchtime!
>

> > > Wohhh....
> > > Very impressive, congratulation, it is a must of art.
> > > as an extension we could use the (coming) launchbar function, to take
> > > off, not from the Nimitz, but from a tower  (somewhere... in
> > > Germany....)
> > >

> Aha - there's a 'launchbar' coming soon is there? I was wondering about
> how to model catapult launches and glider tow-launches. What I tried to
> do (but failed) with the Colditz glider was to give it a small
> short-lived (and invisible) non-throttleable rocket engine to simulate
> the launch catapult.
>
> I calculated that about 1866N (that's about 420lb) for 2.3 seconds would
> do. You can see my attempt (commented out) in the 20050525 glider FDM
> release. Something wasn't working though - any ideas anyone?
>

> > Keep posted, I have some neat plans for the model, especially animating
> > the wind indicating ribbon (not included in the latest release).
> >

> Thanks, Josh.
> Steve

Yes that is an other good way.
Before getting the JSBSim carrier landing patch , i made something like
that for a personal  F4U-1D corsair (which is today partly coming
from .mdl model and "cannot be GNU" i am working on it slowly, very
slowly).

A little Rocket, and a very limited tank capacity.
After many tests and crashs that was successful, my tuning was good
==> push   and quantity.
--
Gerard