Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
> Water isn't the only other material that should be modelled.  There are also
> other materials such as grass and soil.  Right now, I can take a short cut
> across the grass in any airport without concern, and these sort of behaviours
> should bring some consequences. =)
>

> Ampere

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

And for all the rotor heads out there, the surface area of the ground
makes a huge difference to a helicopter in real life. e.g.. Tall grass
is much preferable to concrete for emergency landings and high
performance takeoffs. A smooth surface can seriously degrade hover in
ground effect performance. OTOH, a bumpy surface can greatly increase
the chance of dynamic rollover. Improving the ground material system
would lay the groundwork for adding modeling for those effects to YASim.
(though VRS, autorotation and translational lift are probably all more
important)

Josh