AJ MacLeod wrote

> On Monday 13 Jun 2005 15:14, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > There remains some more eye-candy to do: nav lights, beam approach
> marker
> > lamps, realistic rad and oil temperature readings etc. In the meantime I
> > would be grateful for any comments, not least that it all downloads and
> > installs correctly!
>
> Installed the version from today's CVS and it seems to run fine here
> (Linux-x86 & Nvidia).  I have to say I had high expectations after the
> Hunter
> and Spit, and you haven't disappointed!  There are so many nice touches
> that
> I've noticed already.

Thanks!

> One thing (not necessarily a bug) that I've sometimes found with the both
> Spit
> and the Hurricane is that they can be incredibly "over-twitchy"; this
> might
> well be directly related to my rather rubbish joystick.  It seems that
> fairly
> often the stick is flicking about wildly in the cockpit, usually to one
> side
> in particular, and no amount of leaning on it is enough to resist that
> pull.

Is this in roll only? The ailerons are much more powerful, but also damped.
There shouldn't be any rapid movement in the ailerons, but the stick
reflects the input. Look at the ailerons in an external view - are they
jumping around too?

> Is this by design (crosswinds/prop wash, + nervous handling) or is it just
> that my stick is rubbish (it does give constantly "flickering" values,
> even
> when calibrated correctly) and that the sensitivity is set higher than
> usual
> for these planes?  I haven't noticed any trouble with the hunter/seahawk
> etc,
> I can manage things like carrier landings with these OK.

There is the gyro effect of the prop, and the tail is offset to compensate,
but it shouldn't be too difficult. Try the rudder trim.

What joystick are you using? I have to say that I suspect a hardware problem
by your description. I'm on my 4th Logitech (various kinds) - all replaced
under guarantee, and all behaving as you describe. Well, 3 of them. So far
so good with this one.

> I'm Looking forward to the next plane already!

Sea Hurricane next, when I've done with this one. Then back to re-work the
Spitfire and Hunter. Probably a year's work!

Did you try the yasim.diff yet (posted to the list earlier) - if you haven't
I would be grateful for any feedback - it shouldn't break anything, and
enables several other features such as the boost gauge and the Boost Control
Cutout. The modified supercharger output should make landing much easier
too.

Regards,

Vivian