Melchior FRANZ wrote:

* Curtis L. Olson -- Monday 14 November 2005 16:54:
This is a hopeless conversation because everyone wants to do it different and there are so many possibilities.

We are talking about different things. You talk about the organization
of source and data in your home directory.

I believe I referenced both situations ... but discussed the home directory situation first as justification for the overall structure.

I talk about correct
installation of fgfs on a multiuser system, with system wide FG_ROOT.
Of course, FG_ROOT is not in a user's home dir then. And, of course,
it doesn't contain the source. The source is in my home directory, is
not accessible by other users, and does neither follow the organization
that I described in the thread, nor what you consider preferred.
Also, I wouldn't want to discuss the organization of my home dir in
the fgfs documentation. That's secret!  :-]

Ok, I will drop 10 and punt.