On Monday 14 November 2005 16:06, Buchanan, Stuart wrote:

> I'm groping in the dark here as I'm not familiar with terrasync. Am I
> correct in thinking that someone using terrasync should have their
> terrasync data in a different directory from their directly-downloaded
> 10x10 scenery?
>
> If so, is the convention to name the directories as follows:
>
> $FG_ROOT/data/Scenery - standard SF bay scenery included in base package
> $FG_ROOT/Scenery      - scenery downloaded in 10x10 chunks
> $FG_ROOT/WorldScenery - scenery downloaded by terrasync
>
> or is WorldScenery just a different convention for $FG_ROOT/Scenery?

I suggest to remove the SF bay scenery in the corresponding 10x10 scenery
file.
This allows us to place the SF bay, which comes allready with the base
package, in the main scenery folder like all the other 10x10 chunks.
And when someone installs the corresponding scenery tile w130n30.tar.gz
it won't overwrite the SF bay.

What's your opinion about that?

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.