> Terragear is sufficiently crude and unrefined and user unfriendly that I
> think we should leave it out of the getting started guide.  We are going
> to send unsuspecting users down a wild goose chase and they'll be
> disappointed.  We can mention it and forward them to more information,
> but I think we are asking for a lot of trouble if we try to document it
> in the getting started guide.  For instance, it requires "rsync" to be

OK. This means that we should suggest $FG_ROOT/... based layout
(but with different scenery dirs between the base package and the
user-installed additional scenery --- unless we keep the
scenery download page SFO tile to be the most up-to-date so
that the SFO scenery is no longer "nukable"), and just have a terrasync
pointer.

Everything else (per-FHS-distro-flavoured dispersion of things
under /opt's /share's /var's etc, suid terrasync etc) actually
belongs in another document (not yet written, and needed with
a much smaller priority, if at all) documenting the best current practices
of fg packagers, so that Debian/Gentoo/RH/win32/... packages
have the same shared know-how.

V.