* Vassilii Khachaturov -- Monday 21 November 2005 11:39:
> Perhaps the non-local models should have a luminous fake light
> like the other lights in fg for this reason.

Yes. Lights could also be assigned after priorities. You own machine's
taxi lights have highest priority, then come landing lights, then taxi
lights of AI, or something. If there's no AI around, you can have them
all ... rotating beacons, flashers. May look nice if your flashers
actually lighten the tarmac.

> When landing (I'm talking about light planes here), the landing lights
> are good for barely illuminate several tens of meters in front of you.
> Pilots are trained to land on lighted runways without the use of
> the landing lights (by using peripheral vision and the runway perimeter
> lighting to judge the depth).

May be. But once you have landed you are stuck on the runway without taxi
lights. There's no way to leave the runway without bumping into parked
aircraft, towers, windsocks. Releasing a version 1.0.0 in such a state
is a bad idea.

Here's a screenshot of decadix' lights patch in action: the lights
aren't fully adjusted yet it seems ...

  http://members.aon.at/mfranz/taxi-lights.jpg  [40 kB]

m.