On Saturday 19 November 2005 16:35, Jon Berndt wrote:

> To turn the argument around, there's nothing to fear from calling it 1.0,
> either.

I don't think so, in my opinion the status of version 1.0 will decide how many
new contributers and public interest this project will get.
In other words, my estimation is (when i look into my crystal ball :) ), that
we will get more people that start contributing to FlighGear with things like
creating 3d models and aircrafts when it's possible to switch aircrafts
during runtime.
When this isn't the case, people might think/say:
"OK, this looks nice, but i will wait with contribution until this issue is
fixed,".
or:
"Hm, i think i will give the project a next try when version 2.0 is out."

On the other side we will get more attention even in none computer specific
newspapers when the issues are fixed and people start to say:"
"Wow, this is so perfect, this looks so great, what a wonderfull simulator..."

That's why we should be carefull about which version we call 1.0
In my opinion version 1.0 is an important release, it's not just a number.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.