Rob Oates wrote:

The winter textures are prooving to be alot harder to create than I previously thought. I'll eventually find a good solution, unfortunately it will not be in time for the 0.9.10 release.

I used to copy the texture layer in Gimp and use the Threshold color function fro around 100 to 255 to make a black and white layer. Now you can either use the "lighten only" at around 80% opacity, or "Soft Light" mode in the Layers dialog to combine the two.

Erik

--
http://www.ehtw.info (Dutch)    Future of Enschede Airport Twente
http://www.ehofman.com/fgfs     FlightGear Flight Simulator