Hi,
I have always noticed this, have commented on it over the last 18 months or
so since I first started with FG.... after about 2.5 hours fps dropped to
<1fps and aircraft eventually crashed...
I first noticed this on the PA28-161 as it was my aircraft of choice then
latterly on the A10-2D...

I recently did a long haul using way points from NZWN-NZAA via NZPP, NZPM,
NZNP, NZHN and the C172 held up for 3.5 hours...same problem ...low FPS and
loss of control even on AP(waypoints)...

...hope this is helpful and not miss-leading.
:-D ene