Hi Tat,

in 0.9.10 the sun was represented by a sphere and a square texture for
the halo.
So what your seeing is actually the halo texture. At sundown the whole
object is tilted and so it looks like a triangle, because you just don't
see the the other half of the texture. There's nothing wrong with this.

However there seems to be a problem with transparency / alpha channel in
your build. Normally the halo blends in smoothly and the edges aren't
visible.
Maybe this helps to point you in the right direction.

I'd also check the PLIB version used, as Martin already said.

Mark