Syd & Sandy wrote:
> gh.robin wrote:

>>> Probably not the culprit, but I have found on my computer at times
>>> that when I have the fgmap (from pigeond) open in mozilla while
>>> flying, it can cause brief stutters when it refreshes at a regular
>>> interval.
>>>
>>> -Jeff
>>>

>> Jeff is right, i noticed that problem a loooooong time ago,
>>
>> And never got any answer.
>>
>> I have solved it with running fgmap on a separate computer
>>
>> Regards.
>>

> I get this with varying degrees from different aircraft , with nothing
> else running , AI / Traffic and MP disabled  , but its not consistant
> enough to find the problem easily...
> I also noticed long ago , but spend more time fixing than flying and
> forgot about it .... I also noticed it affects both PLIB and OSG versions...
> Cheers,
> Syd

I also see this with most aircraft, some more than others.  The aerostar
is by no means the worst.  Ive taken to ignoring it.

Im reluctant to believe its hardware in origin, since too many different
  O/S's and hardware combinations report it.

For info Im running 2gig of RAM, Intel core 2 duo (E6600), nVidia based
graphics card with 256 meg of VRAM.  O/S is Fedora Core 6. When the
stutter occurs frame rate doesnt seem to be affected.  Changing monitor
parameters has no impact.

I notice it seems worse passing thru cloud layers so perhaps its
something to do with "eye candy" a person is using.