On mer 27 février 2008, jean pellotier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> trying to use the Foch as a carrier in OSG, it appeared :
>
> -it was too low on the water, so the deck is under water (somebody told
> me about global warming, but isn't it supposed to float?)
>
> - the deck was not solid. It don't make solid the 'OBJECT group' defined
> in the .ac
>
> i join the modified files,  i only made solid the deck , the hangar's
> floor and the elevator,  so as to  move the planes  easily on board.
> here are the files :
> http://janodesbois.free.fr/doc/foch.tar.gz
>

> may be there was a more elegant way to do the job, let me know if you
> have better idea.
>
> ps: in the plib version he don't have the right hight, as i remenber
> addind +9m offset in the y axis did the job (in foch.xml).
>
> if you want to test it, use the foch_demo scenario and start at LFTH,
> tacan is 026X.

Hello,

Because of some real "sad" life, i am temporary away from my usual computer
resources, which keep me of to check that problem with the recent FG-OSG  and
FG-PLIB.

Concerning Foch everything was right with FG-PLIB ( end of December ),
the "altitude position" was calculated to be a medium solution with the PLIB
flat tiles , the difference with OSG is due to the spherical calculation.

Unfortunately the coastline "sea scenery" remains  flat, so with OSG we get an
inconsistency with the sea level (Nimitz which is situated in that coastline
area has not the problem).

Concerning the solid deck, it is define (as far i remember) to be a group of
objects, it was working before.
Any Aircraft YASim and JSBSim could taxi on it.
May be some modifications within FG-OSG has removed that facility to define
group, and now, objects ONLY are processed.

I hope to be able soon, to come back  working on.

Regards
--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/