On Montag, 3. März 2008, Holger Wirtz wrote:
> mpserver: traffic usage (approx)? Perhaps someone has a MRTG/RRD
> picture???

I just sniffed the traffic generated by fgfs. It sums up to about 10 packets
per second and about 40 kbit/second. 10 packets per second is configurable
via the --multiplay=out,... commandline switch, but defaults to 10.
So we have about 40KBit/sec per client on the server side. The server forwards
all packets to every directly connected clients (ie. users) and every server
it knows about.
So if we assume 6 clients and 4 servers we have 40*5*3 = 600 KBits/second
outgoing traffic on a server (the server does not send to itself and does not
send traffic from client 1 back to client 1). On the incoming side it sums up
to 40*6 = 240KBits/second.

As you can see, traffic is not much of a problem. But it's probably not a good
idea to run fgms on a DSL link.

regards,
Oliver