On Monday 22 September 2008 12:16:13 gerard robin wrote:

> Again on that topic, i was wrong about 64 bit , which has nothing to do
> with the stutter/jitter within FG.

That's true (since we've seen the same stuttering on 32 bit machines as well).

However, even though in your case disabling fancy effects appears to cure your
system it seems there is something in FG causing a distinct stutter,
happening around once per second, irrespective of framerate.

On my own machine (Core2duo 1.86 GHz, 2Gb RAM, 7300GS graphics card) the
stutter is basically undetectable under most circumstances, but very
noticeable with the Brest photo scenery and slightly less so when using a
highly-detailed model over another highly-populated scenery area.

It seems to me to have been a fairly recent thing, which seemed to show up
here around the same time as James' patches were committed (though I'm not
certain enough to blame them, and haven't had time to revert back and build
again.)  It also doesn't appear to be caused by nasal and occurs whether or
not AI traffic or the traffic-manager, or multiplayer are enabled.

Nobody else seeing the same thing?